Monday, September 27, 2010

Amanda and Jeremy met in 2003 while attending UVA in Charlottesville VA. They eventually earned 3 degrees and relocated to the Raleigh area to work, bought a house and adopted two kitties. When it was time to get married, they chose lovely Highgrove estate for their wedding venue. It is a beautiful site and September 24, 2010 turned out to be a beautiful day. At the rehearsal the day before we experienced some challenges with a few pesky gnats but Jeremy loaded up on bug repellent the next day and we were well prepared.
When Marty and I arrived, we saw the beautiful flowers provided by Flowers on Broad. These are small vases that will hang on the short shepherd hooks lining the aisle.
Here is the inside of the big tent for the reception. The centerpieces were so pretty and all the flowers reflected the purple, lavender and green color scheme.
 We caught Ashley of Ashley Cakes in the process of adding the purple flowers to the cake. She does such a wonderful job making wedding cakes. My question is how does she stay so thin around all that sugar??
So, here is the finished product. Gorgeous!
Randy Bennett with Joe Bunn DJ Company was our DJ for the wedding. He so graciously provided a speaker for me to plug my microphone into for the ceremony. Thanks, Randy, and I will see you in about 3 weeks at The Pavilion at Angus Barn for another wedding! Greg and Amy of The Image Mill were our very capable photographers and were everywhere at once! (The photos on this blog were taken with my point and shoot digital camera.)
When it was time to begin, Ann Eberle, far left, the wedding director with Highgrove for this wedding, gave the signal to begin the processional music to our string trio, Arioso Strings. On the left is Mary Page Block, owner of Arioso Strings, and playing with her are Emmy Hildebrandte on violin and David Oh on cello. The music was heavenly, as usual!
After the seating of the grandmothers and the parents, it was time for Jeremy and me to enter. Wait for me, Jeremy! He was in a hurry to get married!
After the groomsmen and bridesmaids entered it was time for Amanda's father to bring in the bride! She is so beautiful!
I don't know what I said to make Amanda turn her head that way but it must have been some line in the story of how they met and fell in love.
They chose to memorize the words to each other when exchanging the rings. I was standing by to prompt them but they both did a great job remembering! I was impressed!
I believe Jeremy was glad to get the ceremony done and start the party!
Amanda and Jeremy, congratulations and I wish you a lifetime of happiness and satisfaction. You are one cool couple!

Popular Posts