Thursday, June 16, 2011

Finally, I am reviewing the Carol's Daughter Monoi Hair Care Collection.  I say finally because I've had the products in my possession for a while now and I've been trying them over and over to get the results promised.  Carol's Daughter claims that hair will be 13x stronger after one use and there will be 96% less breakage.  After several uses my hair felt slightly stronger and I noticed a few less strands in the comb after I washed, conditioned, and deep conditioned.

My absolute favorite thing about this collection is the scent.  The scent is worthy of a perfume bottle!  It features the luscious, heady scent yet tropical scent of Gardenias and after one sniff you'll be tempted to buy the entire collection.  If there was a best hair care collection scent, this product would win hands down no questions asked!  Yes, it's that good.  But before you go out and snatch the entire collection up based on scent alone, read the rest of the review after the jump.
Now if you take away the scent and rate the entire collection based on performance alone, I'm sorry to say you will be disappointed.  The worst product in the collection is the Monoi Repairing Shampoo, although it is sulfate free it turned my hair into a dry tangled mess, especially my new growth.  The shampoo lathers like it has sulfates which is great because I love to have a shampoo lather up, but this shampoo is so stripping it's not worth the headache.

The Monoi Repairing Conditioner is 10x better than the shampoo, thankfully it was able to restore some of the moisture that was lost during the shampoo stage, but if you are looking for a conditioner that gives tons of slip this is not for you.  Now when I say it gave back the moisture, it gave back some but my hair was still left feeling dry.

On to the Monoi Repairing Mask, the consistency of this product had me thinking YES, this will cure all the dryness!  It's super duper thick and creamy, but once again I was left feeling like it just wasn't making my hair soft and easy to detangle.  After using all the products, my hair was left feeling dry, hard, and I was actually nervous to detangle it because when your hair is wet it's in it's most vulnerable stage.

Thankfully, I did not notice that many strand of hair in my comb.  Usually, I have a few, not too many but after using these products I had even less.  Now, after a totally disappointing wash session using these products, I was almost tempted to go back to my trusty Creme of Nature deep conditioner and rectify this dry hair situation but I just went ahead and styled.  Here is where the review turns around, after styling my hair it looked shiny and felt soft.  I was completely shocked because my hair did a complete 180 on me.  I tried the products a few more times and got the same results, dry scary hair during the wash and condition phases and then gorgeous amazingly scented hair after the styling phase.  I'm at a complete loss and I can't explain it.  My plan is to use up the rest of the collection because who likes to waste?  Then, I might consider repurchasing the conditioner only based on the scent alone, especially since it really lasts in my hair.

Have you tried it?  What are your thoughts?

Popular Posts