Wednesday, October 20, 2010

e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Color
Name: Brightening Eye Color
Brand: E.L.F
Price: $1.00


From E.L.F.’s website:
Luxuriously smooth, corn silk formula provides eyes with a neutral base and an awakened brightness.

What I liked:
- great color combos
- doesn’t crease
- lasts all day (if used with a primer)
- the price

What I didn’t like:
- sponge applicator and tiny mirror
- the size

E.L.F.’s Brightening Eye Color is available in 9 color combinations. I purchased Pretty n Pink. I really like the color combo, the shades work really well together. The colors are a bit lighter than I expected, but vivid. Even though the eye-shadows are in a powder form, they are creamy and smooth.

The colors are easy to blend, but don’t use the sponge applicator that comes with the product as it is not that good. However, I have never liked any of the applicators that come with cosmetics, to be honest. Application is so much better and easier when you use a brush. Under the sponge applicator you can find a tiny mirror. I never used it as it is so small it is very difficult to see anything.

The eyeshadow doesn’t crease, but it is not very long-lasting. However you just need to use a primer and the colors will last all day.

I also find this product to be a bit messy. It turns to loose powder very easily causing the shades to mix together in the compact. The size is very small too, which I was a bit disappointed about, but I guess it’s ok considered the price.

Summary:
Overall, this is a nice product, especially considered the very low price. The colors are easy to blend, don’t crease and work well together. The lasting power isn’t great, unless you use a primer, which will make the colors stay put all day. I don’t like the packaging as it is very small and the sponge applicator and mirror are useless.

Rating: 3/5

Popular Posts