Monday, October 18, 2010

Shea butter:Africa as Argan Oil: Morocco

My skin loves products with shea butter, they moisturize my skin leaving it feeling soft and moisturized all day long. My hair is a completely different story. Originally, I attempted to use pure shea butter for sealing in moisture when I would moisturize my hair, but it left my fine hair really weighed down and greasy feeling. Not quite sure what shea butter is? Not to worry, basically Shea Butter is a made from a nut and used for cooking, skin care, and hair care.

On my straightened hair, I applied a very small amount of shea butter after I applied a water based moisturizer and it left my hair feeling very piece-y, weighed down and greasy. When I airdry my hair a little bit of shea butter helps add shine and controls flyaways, but overall I'm not a fan. I tend to avoid products made with Shea Butter high up on the ingredient list because it's just too heavy for my hair. If you have thick, natural hair you may find that shea butter works wonders for you as a moisturizer, scalp treatment, sealer, and shine enhancer.

What to know more about Shea Butter? Check out this great collection of information over at Treasured Locks.com

Popular Posts