Wednesday, October 20, 2010



Name: High Definicils Mascara
Brand: Lancome
Size: 6.5g/0.23oz
Price: $28.00


From Lancome’s website:
Your Lashes are lengthened, ultra-separated, perfectly defined with a clean, fanned-effect look. Lancôme’s High Définicils features the NEW Smooth Glide Brush that wraps each lash with our #1 formula and provides smooth, controlled mascara application with no clumps.

What I liked:
- lengthens and separates
- long-lasting
- holds a curl
- gives lashes a natural look
- doesn’t clump nor flake
- the packaging

What I didn’t like:
- doesn’t thicken
- the price

I’ve always heard raves about Lancome mascaras, but never really felt like spending so much for one, so I was thrilled when I found out I had won High Definicils! When I finally got it in my hands, I tried it straight away to see what the hype was about and I have to say that I was slightly disappointed. The mascara is really good but not as good as I had imagined. I guess my expectations were just too high.

Lancome High Definicils is the latest addition to the Definicils family. The mascara comes in a pretty long black tube, very classy and sleek. The formula is thick and wet, the color a rich black and the wand is thin and long with a soft rubber brush. The applicator is flexible and so, although it is easy to use and reaches even the tiniest lashes, it requires a very steady hand. It doesn’t clump and, despite not being waterproof, it doesn’t flake or rub off. It stays put all day, but is still very easy to remove.

The mascara is great for daytime as it provides amazing length, separates lashes and holds a curl really well. However, it doesn’t really add volume, which is why I felt a bit disappointed. Lashes look really long and natural, not at all over the top. If that’s what you’re looking for in a mascara, then give this a go. But personally, I prefer mascaras that provide a false-lashes effect and High Definicils doesn’t deliver that.

Summary:
Overall, High Definicils is a great everyday mascara. It lengthens, separates and holds a curl. It lasts all day, without smudging nor flaking. However, it doesn’t thicken and is very expensive.

Rating: 4/5

Popular Posts