Friday, October 15, 2010


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love the scary activities, the costumes, and of course the candy. Each year I try to do some Halloween related activity, so far this year I haven't but I wanted to share an awesome Halloween activity I did a year or two ago. Me and the boyfriend visited Eastern State Penitentiary for Terror Behind the Walls.


We made a whole day of it since we live in Jersey! We drove down to Philly and grabbed a bite to eat at Rembrandt's (part of the Fright and a Bite package for 2010). Fright and a Bite is a Dinner Package that now include a Terror Behind the Walls Quick Pass, allowing you to skip the lines! Several different restaurants are offering a special frightening menu at a pre-set price. When we went I don't remember if it was part of a package or not but we decided to put select regular items off the menu and I do remember that Rembrandt's has some of the best hot wings around!

Anyway, now on to Terror Behind the Walls. I had a blast, I was scared to death but it was great. Once you park, you take a trolly down to the prison and on the way the "tour guides" give you some history about the penitentiary and how it's been known to be haunted. Here is a little background, "many people believe that Eastern State Penitentiary is haunted. As early as the 1940s, officers and inmates reported mysterious visions and eerie experiences in the ancient prison. And the ghost sightings have only increased since Eastern State was abandoned in 1971."



Experience it for yourself:
Eastern State Penitentiary
22nd & Fairmount Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Phone: (215) 236-3300

Popular Posts